Thursday, October 9, 2008

Glenn Beck is a mega-douche.

CNN talking head Glenn Beck wrote an article today which is titled "Voting against Obama doesn't make you a racist," and this is true. If you have reasons to not vote for Obama then don't do it, that is your right as an American. But what Obama has gone through is racism. To ignore some of the more blatant and even some of the subtle forms of racism going on in this case is to stick your head in the sand and basically refuse to believe in this day and age that it can still happen. But that's something for another day, let's focus on Mr. Beck who has been a lightning rod of controversey. For instance, in 2005 when interviewing Keith Ellison, the first Muslim to be elected to the US Congress he said: "

"With that being said, you are a Democrat. You are saying, 'Let's cut and run.' And I have to tell you, I have been nervous about this interview with you, because what I feel like saying is, 'Sir, prove to me that you are not working with our enemies.' And I know you're not. I'm not accusing you of being an enemy, but that's the way I feel, and I think a lot of Americans will feel that way."

So Mr. Beck is that racist? Or how about when you ran a fake ad as your picture of the day which reccomended that we turn the bodies of illegal immigrants into fuel. That's just knee slapping funny. How can I take this guy seriously? He was one of the idiots who believed there was hidden messages in American currency. Ri-goddamn-diculous. Basically here it is, voting against Obama is not racist...if you have a reason other than his middle name is Hussein or you think he is a Muslim. If you vote on the issues, don't worry about this. And if you are offended it appears I may have hit too close to home.

Also for further reading I would suggest this article by Roladn Martin
http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/10/07/martin.townhall/index.html?iref=newssearch

No comments: