Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Disrespectful Banter

During the course of my day I get asked alot of general questions, ranging from sports to politics. Now when asked these I generally have no problem answering these questions, but when politics is on the table without fail someone asks "are you voting for Barack Obama because he is black?" Now I can guarantee none of my white friends have been asked are they voting for someone due to the fact they are white. I find this question to be offensive, because it insinuates that I am unable to make a decision based on the facts. That I have to look at a guy's skin color to make a choice. If that was the case i would never vote because as we all know Obama is the first legit candidate of color. I take my voting very seriously and look into each candidate. I owe too much to those who came before me to ignore the issues. But ok, here are a few reasons. The McCain campaign lies too much for me. Example, in a new ad an excerpt of Obama speaking showed this: "says our troops in Afghanistan are "just air-raiding villages and killing civilians." In reality it was taken from a speech a year ago where he said: "We've got to get the job done there, and that requires us to have enough troops so that we're not just air-raiding villages and killing civilians, which is causing enormous problems there." Ok, want a another? You got it. How can I vote for a man who chooses a woman who doesn't even know who is leading our troops in Afghanistan. Really Gov. Palin? Gen. Mclellan said that? You sure it wasn't Gen. McKiernan. And I have many more reasons why I am not voting for John McCain so if you ask me if I am voting for the Senator from Illinois because he is black you might just get a bipartisan bitch slap from the old Chocolate Puma.

No comments: