Monday, December 31, 2012

So Long 2012!



What a year it has been, the Chocolate Puma has been pretty consistent in giving you what you all didn’t know you needed, so you know I had to come and give you the end of the year blow out. We’ll be giving you my favorite things of 2012. In list form son! Shit’s gonna be tight ya’ll!

Favorite Song: Mercy-Kanye West, Big Sean, Pusha T, 2 Chainz

Despite the fact this song has Big Sean on it, (great line from Grantland regarding that: "Big Sean is like a tiny plastic pink flamingo placed in front of a photograph of the pyramids. He's there to give you a sense of perspective") this was by far the most addictive and my favorite song of the year. The beat is hypnotic and of course future poet laureate 2 Chainz is on the track.

Favorite Album: Vicious Lies and Dangerous Rumours by Big Boi
Only 2 weeks old but this album bangs. This is some traditional Big Boi rhymes. Like real Outkast kind of stuff. Star of the album has to be the track “In the A” with T.I. and Ludacris.

Favorite Verse: Andre 3000 on Sorry by T.I.
Go to 3:15 mark and you’ll know why.

Favorite Athlete: Blake Griffin, F, Los Angeles Clippers
The dunk that made Perkins quit twitter.
I could front and say that his improving game as a power forward and gravity defying dunks were the reason he is here. No. This guy is hilarious.

Favorite Movie: The Dark Knight Rises
Was it as good as The Dark Knight? No. Was it still awesome? Yes. Also this was the first Batman movie in recent history to hit a homerun with Bane. 

Favorite TV Show: American Horror Story: Asylum
Delightfully disturbing and really makes you appreciate the amazing acting done by both Jessica Lange and Zachary Quinto. Just a seriously disturbing show.

Sidenote: Favorite TV Show Ever: The Wire
I can’t mention a tv show without bringing up my favorite show of all time. I am now shepherding my girlfriend through the series. She now agrees with me. Or I couldn’t hear her over my own proclamations.


Favorite TV Character: Ron Swanson

He is all that is man. ‘Nuff said.

Well gang that’s about it from the Puma. I wish you all a safe and prosperous New Year and keep coming back for more ridiculousness from your favorite feline of chocolaty descent. I leave you with one of my favorite things in the world right now….GIFS!!!



No comments: