Tuesday, November 20, 2012

College Basketball Preview


Hello friends and enemies alike, the Chocolate Puma has decided to sit down and take the time for his adoring public and give you my unsolicited opinion on college basketball. I know, it’s not even Christmas yet and here I am making your wishes come true. I know I am too kind. Here we are kids, the Puma presents to you the top 15.

15. Arizona (2-0)
14. Missouri (3-0)
13. Gonzaga (3-0)
12. UCLA (3-0)
11. Michigan (3-0)
10. Kansas (2-1)
9. Michigan State (2-1)
8. North Carolina (3-0)
7. Kentucky (2-1)
6. Florida (3-0)
5. Syracuse (2-0)
4. Ohio State (3-0)
3. Duke (3-0)
2. Louisville (3-0)
1. Indiana (3-0)

Notes:
· Boy that list certainly hurt the Puma especially ranking the despised Blue Devils of Duke or my home boys in Chapel Hill but the Puma has to be honest and those kids are off to a good start.

· Indiana is going to be a handful as it appears Tom Crean has turned around the program after the disastrous Kelvin Sampson era. Cody Zeller is a player of the year candidate and his running mate Christian Watford is definitely an All Conference talent.

· I expect we will see a run from my number 12 team UCLA because Shabazz Muhammad has been cleared to play and that is a dynamic player.

· I keep getting the feeling that Michigan is really overrated. Just a hunch but this team could be completely out the top 20 by the New Year.

· Louisville guard Peyton Siva is going to be possibly the most important player on a top 5 squad. He is the engine that makes that team go.

Player of the Year:

3. James McAdoo, F: North Carolina

Is this wishful thinking on my part as a Carolina fan? Probably but the kid does have talent, and with the starters from last season’s squad playing with the big boys he will have plenty of opportunity to shine in Chapel Hill.

2. Peyton Siva, G: Louisville

This kid gets to the paint better than any point guard in the college game. He reminds me a lot of Tony Parker minus the shitty rap career. If he cuts down on the turnovers say hello to your Bob Cousy award winner for the 2012-13 season.

1. Cody Zeller, F: Indiana

Appears the hype is real on this kid. He went toe to toe with the defensive player and number one overall pick Anthony Davis last season and actually outplayed him. Solid from the free throw line, great passer, and the fact he’s on the number one team in the country in a marquee program means he will get plenty of time to shine for the voters.

Coach of the Year:

Rick Pitino, Louisville

"Yes I sleep with women at Olive Gardens, but I'm also a hell of a coach"
I want to say Roy Williams I really truly do. But that would be a lie. Pitino on the low has done a great job recruiting in the same talent pool that Kentucky usually dominates. He has a national title contender with really only 2 first round talents. I wouldn’t be surprised if this guy is in the Final Four come April.

Well gang, there it is. Give me your opinion but know this I am always right. Puma out.


No comments: