Friday, August 10, 2012

Favorite Wrestling Finishers


Anybody who knows the Chocolate Puma can attest to and also mock the fact that I am a huge professional wrestling fan.  So if you are not a fan, don’t want to read about it, or feel the need to tell me incessantly that it’s fake then stop reading now. Alright, still here? Good.  Professional wrestling is like a play in a sense and the finale of said play is when the wrestler has applied or completed his finisher. Outside of one time putting my friend in a sharpshooter after baseball practice I can’t say I have too much experience performing a finisher but alas I shall give you my unsolicited list of my favorite finishers.

Honorable Mention:

JBL: Clothesline from Hell
Nothing scientific about this one, pure power and looks like it could literally decapitate a man.

The Dudley Boyz: 3D
Sue me, I am putting a tag team on here it’s my list. When the tables were brought out especially you knew the Dudley Death Drop was not far behind.

Drew McIntyre: Future Shock DDT
Even though he appears to have gone from the chosen one to feuding with Seth Rollins on the newest incarnation of NXT one thing can’t be denied, his finisher is effective.

5.  Legion of Doom:  Doomsday Device
Without question the coolest tag team finisher in my opinion. The flip their victim usually had off the shoulders just made this move look so devastating.

4.  Macho Man Randy Savage: Elbow Drop
It’s like a thing of beauty. 

3. Mike Awesome: The Awesome Bomb
Before going to WCW and being completely ruined, Mike Awesome was a powerbombing beast in ECW. The crème de la crème of all his variations was the Awesome Bomb.

2.  Bret Hart: The Sharpshooter
I was going to avoid submission holds but Bret Hart was probably one of my two or three favorite wrestlers growing up so he had to be included on this list. Not to mention my expert recreation of the move which I mentioned earlier.

And now my favorite finisher of all time, a move, that struck so quick that you were running to your VCR to see it again. 

1.  Diamond Dallas Page: The Diamond Cutter
Yes Randy Orton calls it the RKO and “Mr. Excitement” John Lauranitis called it the Ace Crusher back in the day but when I was coming up the Diamond Cutter was the move du jour. Paired with the unpredictable nature of DDP and it was a match made in heaven. 

Well this has been a fun trip down memory lane, till next time, Puma is out.

No comments: