Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Here we go again...

Before I begin this rant which will inevitably end with incoherence, anger, and allusions to rubber novelty poop I would like to say that this is not meant as an assault on Republicans or those with conservative values. We’re cool. No, this is an assault on the so called experts who call themselves conservatives and spout nonsensical, idiotic, and downright offensive rhetoric.

The first person I will wax poetic on is the human skeletor woman who calls herself Anne Coulter. Recently during her “I haven’t gotten any attention lately, let me say something incendiary” tour she made this remarkably offensive statement, even for her. “"Our blacks are so much better than their blacks. To become a black Republican, you don't just roll into it. You're not going with the flow. You have fought against probably your family members, probably your neighbors, you have thought everything out and that's why we have very impressive blacks in our party."

First and foremost, this statement implies that blacks are property. Secondly, this statement shows that she thinks it’s absolutely impossible for a black person to process information and then logically chooses an opinion that differs from hers. Then this beacon of hope for the black community declared “The only racism you hear in America is against conservative blacks." Well glad that’s over for me as a somewhat liberal black man. How can someone who is not black, who does not have to deal with day to day instances of institutional racism, declare who it affects? It would be like me declaring sexism is no longer a problem for anyone except black women. I don’t know the struggle of being a woman and am not qualified to speak on what affects them.

The second person I am going to look at is one of our leading candidates, black walnut himself Herman Cain.

A few weeks ago he proclaimed that racism doesn’t hold anyone back anymore. Well seems like as soon as people began bringing up a few claim of sexual harassment what does the man who would like his Secret Service codename to be “Cornbread” do? Why he cried racism. So let me get this straight, it’s not racist, just complaining when people talk about legit discrimination due to one’s race but when people bring up things you may or may not have done its racism? I don’t get it. And the idea of sex scandals isn't race or party specific. America loves a sex scandal. Bill Clinton, Mark Sanford, Larry Craig, Anthony Weiner, and the list goes on.

I fully recognize that my side of thinking doesn’t have all the answers. I know that you need the working ideas of all involved to come to a logical solution to problems. If this means I’m not one of “their” blacks I think I’ll be alright.

No comments: