Monday, May 3, 2010

Return of my ramblings

Been a while so I figured I would hit you all with some more of my insane and oftentimes meandering rants.

•Yes the Bulls lost to the Cavs, I knew that was going to happen but the slurping of the Lebron has reached Tom Brady/ Brett Favre like proportions. He’s the best player going now, I get that. But I feel the reporting on that series missed a prime opportunity to showcase Joakim Noah a little more. All anyone wanted to report on was his Cleveland sucks opinion, they failed to mention his average over the series of 14.6 points, 13 rebounds, 1.5 blocks, and 2.5 assists per night. One of a few big man with a personality in who knows how long and he’s relegated to having beef with the Cleveland board of tourism.

•I saw a guy on the train today with a shirt that had a picture of Obama and Hitler and it read “Hitler gave great speeches too and he had a logo too.” Sigh. Agree or disagree, Hitler was responsible for the deaths of millions, you just don’t agree with Obama. Not the same thing. I know people who believe Reagan was a great orator, doesn’t make him Hitler. And the logo thing? You know who else has a logo? Tom Brady, Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan, Roger Federer, Lebron James. Not exactly the Legion of Doom. My point is calm down and take the man for what he is, a politician. If you disagree fine, but this kind of rhetoric is damaging and no work will ever get accomplished as long as it’s accepted.

•America’s favorite super skeezer Michelle Bombshell McGee has said that she never would have slept with Jesse James had she known that he and wife were planning an adoption. How righteous of her. Sleeping with a married man with children already is cool, but if there’s a kid on the way via adoption? Aw hell no!

•Katie Holmes as Jackie O? Casting fail.

•Roman Polanski has broken his silence. He claims he is being treated unfairly and the US just wants to make an example of him to gain more attention and “serve him up on a platter to the media.” Well excuse me if I don’t shed any tears over this “injustice.” This guy admits to drugging and raping a 13 year old, gets mad that he has to do jail time and flees to Paris. I could care less if you’re a visionary director, you’re a pedophile. End of story.

No comments: