Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Barack Obama I'm all for it.

When people ask me who I plan to vote for in the upcoming presidential election, there is no hesitation in my reply. Barack Obama has always been my answer. There is much talk of his inexperience versus that of John McCain or Hillary Clinton, but I pose this question, what kind of experience does Hillary Clinton have? You can't deny all the experience he has gained both from his military experience and his time as a senator from Arizona, but what has Hillary Clinton done? Let's look at the facts:
*She was a lawyer for the Rose Law Firm during the majority of the 80s.
* She was also first lady of Arkansas.
* She was the first lady of the United States.
* US Senator from 2000 until now.

So from what I can see is, she only has 8 years of experience in an official role. Now let's look at Barack Obama:
* Obama in 1983 moved to Chicago to become a community organizer.
* He worked with low income families in the Roseland and Altgeldt Gardens communities as Director of the Developing Communities Project.
* He graduated from Harvard Law School in 1991 Magna Cum Laude, and was the first black president of the Harvard Review.
* He was elected to the Illinois Senate in 1996.
* He was elected to the US Senate in 2004.
* Gave the keynote address at the 2004 Democratic National Convention.

Wow, that sounds like the kind of person I want to be president, not someone who threw parties for dignitaries for 8 years as the first lady of the United States. I want someone who knows what the people...the people who need the most help.

And while on the topic of Obama, I unfortunately have to bring up race again due to the horribly inaccurate comments by Geraldine Ferraro. Ferraro in an interview stated:
"[i]f Obama was a white man, he would not be in this position. And if he was a woman (of any color) he would not be in this position. He happens to be very lucky to be who he is." To say that a man with his qualifications is only where he is because of his race is disgusting to me. A Harvard grad who happens to have worked a successful career as a community organizer and state senator is only where he is because he is black? This from the same woman who once said that she only was nominated to be vice-president because of her gender. This from a woman who constantly throws out divisive statements such as how much harder it is to be a woman, than it is to be black. I can't take her seriously. I leave you with this:











Hillary and Bill Clinton with Tony Rezko.

No comments: