Thursday, April 29, 2021

Things That Get An Unfair Rap: Vol 1

 You know sometimes I am driving to work and a song will come on or a a thought of a movie will pop up and I will think, man that really got a bad rap. That was actually quite entertaining now that I think back on it. So you know what I said, I said "self, you need to share these with the world!" So I present to the first in hopefully a series of posts. But if it's not, maybe chill out, this is free content baby. Damn, I spoil ya'll.

So today I would like to say, you know what gets a bad rap? Snap rap! Why does it get a bad rap? I have no damn idea but damn it I am here to defend the honor of those snapping bastards!

*The fashion of the era was made for broke college men, like myself.

Seriously look at this. This was how we dressed. Baggy jeans? Check. Oversized t-shirt? Check. What college age guy didn't already have this at their disposal? Not having to dress in a manner that would break the bank and thus take from the $20-$40 bucks you had to ball out of control came in CLUTCH! 


*The dances were easy and fun fact a great ice breaker! 

You're literally rocking side to side to the beat, throwing in  a snap to jazz it up and bam! And for the single gentlemen of the mid -2000s what was a better way to talk to single young ladies than walking up and playfully snapping. ICE BREAKER CHEAT CODE.

*Most importantly, this shit was fun.

I defy you not to look at a D4L video and see Fabo doing what Fabo does and not smile. The world is a nightmare, and everything doesn't have to be critically acclaimed. Some things can just be dumb and playful. Trust me when Laffy Taffy stops playing all the ills that you put aside will still be sitting right there for you to pick up. I promise you.

So next time Dem Franchize Boys or D4L come on the radio or your Pandora I want to stop what you're doing, and in the word of Big E. of the New Day, I want you to salute these young boys with a hand so straight that it's curved! 

Until next time, ya'll be easy and relax damn it.

No comments: