Wednesday, February 27, 2019

5 Songs That Will Determine If I Trust You

I am one who tends to believe that you judge people based off their actions and their heart. Not someone who quickly judges and dismisses a person based off a minor squabble or a silly disagreement. That being said there are clues that people give you that gives a great glimpse into who they are as a person. One of the truest indicators of a person's worth as a human lies in their ability to properly appreciate certain songs and how much it slaps. As a public service to you I will give you five songs that if a person denies the slapitude of them, they are clearly the feds.

*International Player's Anthem- UGK ft. Outkast 

A song that is absolutely pure perfection. This may literally be my favorite song ever. Seriously. I had this song play at my wedding. On one of the two most important days of my life I had to bless the crowd with this classic tome by the Underground Kingz with some help from Outkast. What other song advocates safe sex, has a 3 Stacks verse and exhibits undeniable slappage?

*Dey Know- Shawty Lo

As soon as you hear the horns hit you know it's time to hit the jog in place dance. Oh you don't know what dance?
Seriously this song is the perfect over the top nonsense song that is undeniable in it's catchiness. Hell he didn't even need the beat he could rock it ACAPELLO! Not to mention it teaches you the all important lesson of giving big ups to all your haters. If you do not have a reaction to this song I do not trust you. At. All.

*Stairway to Heaven- The O'Jays

If you look up "grown folk music" in the dictionary as soon as you turn the page to it you will hear the buttery smooth voice Eddie Levert. There's no hidden shadiness behind his words like the old Temptations song 'Beauty is Only Skin Deep' where he says basically you ugly but you intrigue me. Just the story of man completely lost in the sauce with one of the best hooks in R&B history and that is a verifiable fact!

*Real Big- Mannie Fresh

The one regret from my wedding day is that I did not find a way to incorporate this into the festivities somehow. I say this without a hint of sarcasm, Mannie Fresh is criminally underrated as a producer and the music he made was just fun. It wasn't a critical masterpiece but if you're playing video games, chilling with your people put on the 'Mind of Mannie Fresh' and just let the infectious drums take you away.
Also the video had some of the most hilarious imagery I have ever seen.

*Back That Azz Up- Juvenile

Without further ado I give you the song that frankly could, nay SHOULD be the national anthem of this nation. From the opening strings to the statement that single-handedly saved the world from scourge of Y2K, "Cash Money Records taking over for the 9-9 and the 2000." This was a perfect storm from Mannie Fresh on the beat, introducing many to a very young Lil' Wayne and began a very impressive run by Cash Money Records. So again if when those strings hit and you don't rise for and salute, you may elicit a this response for your boy:
"Uh did they not hear the strings?"

Well there you have it. Just a few pointers to clean your world up in 2019, I did the work so you won't have to. You know I really spoil you all.

No comments: