Thursday, March 29, 2018

March 2018 Sit Your Ass Down Award


Well, well, well, here we are. Another month, another person who I have deemed worthy of catching a seat gets to receive their prestigious prize. As has been the case the past few months there has been no shortage of ass clownery to choose from. This month our winner is one that is near and dear to the old Puma because I have been a fan of this guy's music for a long time but...Killer Mike, stop running them jewels for a hot second and sit your ass down!

So this past weekend students all across the country organized and marched for gun control and victims of gun violence. It was a beautiful thing really. It was on this day NRA TV released an interview with Killer Mike and how do I say this respectfully...it was a hot steaming pile of dog crap. He starts off under the auspices that every black person needs to own a gun. While a flawed premise, a point could be made. What spiraled after was shot after shot at anti-gun activists and a lot of claims of people who disagree with him being called “lackeys of the progressive party”...whatever that means.

What annoyed me first off was how he begins with this gem: In Wakanda, everyone had guns and spears and everything else you needed” as a talking point.
The Wakandan on Wakandan crime is an epidemic perpetrated by the man!"
This ignores that Okoye famously said “Guns, so primitive” in the movie. Also the fact WAKANDA IS A FICTIONAL PLACE. He also for all his talk of minority gun ownership he failed to bring up where was the NRA when Philando Castile (an NRA member) was killed after letting a police officer know he was legally carrying his weapon, Marissa Alexander, who only fired a warning shot to ward off an abusive husband and spent 3 years in prison among some of the more high profile cases.

I think his apology annoyed me more than anything though. In his “apology” he said that the interview was used a week later by NRATV to disparage a very noble campaign that I actually support,” and that he “respects the leadership” of the March For Our Lives youth activists. Really Michael?
"Now what I had said was..."
Because your exact words were: "I told my kids on the school walkout, I love you, if you walkout that school, walkout my house…we are not a family that jumps on every single thing an ally of ours does because some stuff we just don’t agree with.” So which is it Mike? Is it oochie wally wally or is it one mic? Is it Black Girl Lost or do shorty owe you for ice?

And then after all that he used the classic non apology tactic, blaming his mistake on others. To the young people who worked tirelessly to organize, I’m sorry adults chose to do this, I’m sorry NRATV did that, I’m sorry that adults on the left and the right are choosing to use me as a lightning rod.” Really? So just gonna absolve yourself of any wrong doing huh? Random adults outchea just fucking it up for you.

So for this and every time he's said that black people need guns in case the government needs to be overthrown or to end economic disparities all black people have to do is "bank black" I say grab this Ethan Allen my man and enjoy these seats yo. 

No comments: