Wednesday, May 20, 2020

The Last Dance Parts 9 & 10

Well folks, the day we knew was coming but hoped wouldn't has come to our doorsteps. Yes the end of "The Last Dance."
It's been a great look into the Chicago Bulls and Michael Jordan, and while it has been criticized as being a propaganda piece for Michael Jordan, your boy does not give a damn. I feel like we got a look into one of the great dynasties in sports history through the cheesy hued eyes of it's best player. So without further ado, the final 5 takeaways from The Last Dance.

* We need more Steve Kerr content.
I had absolutely no idea about Steve Kerr and his father but man this guy had lived a LIFE before he even reached the NBA. Follow that up with becoming essentially the basketball version of Forest Gump, ya know minus the learning disability. He was a member of the greatest team ever, the 72 win Bulls, followed that with hitting game winning shots for the Spurs and getting two more titles.

Then he becomes a coach and wins 3 titles with the best team of this era. Also the guy is gold with the mic in front of him. Definitely a compelling and probably the most likable guy of the entire series.

* As annoying as Reggie Miller was/is/will be, that bastard was a killer.
Reggie Miller is a pest. He annoys the shit out of you and his voice at times is like nails on a chalkboard. On the court however? Yo. Reggie Miller was a damn killer. And while incorrect in his thought that he was gonna lead the team that vanquishes the Bulls, no other team got close in the 6 championship runs as the Pacers did.
When this Quark looking bastard was on...HE WAS ON. He could hit any shot he wanted over anyone. He's just so damn annoying.

* Flu game/Pizza game/Hangover game?
For years the story has been that Jordan caught the flu before one of the biggest games of the season and battled through. And while he did have some kind of sickness, he says it is due to food poisoning because he ate an entire pizza in one sitting. Mike. Sweetie. What the hell you doing?
Regardless of if he was hung over, had the flu or was really going through a case of food poisoning it's damn impressive. I have been in all three situations, and I wouldn't even want to leave the couch let alone go through an NBA finals game.

* When Rodman is off the clock, he is OFF THE CLOCK.
One of the great revelations of this series has been Dennis Rodman as a workplace hero. Earlier this series he asked for basically a mental health break and took 48 hours in Vegas with Carmen Electra which if we're being honest...I see the vision.
Now in the heat of a title run, he decided practice is not something I need right now. What I need is to go on Monday Night Nitro, join the NWO and then help assault Diamond Dallas Page. And while he was fined $10,000 for missing practice, he got $250,000 for going on Nitro. Chess, not checkers.

* Fuck Karl Malone as a staff, record label and a motherfuckin' crew.
My one big complaint about this series is that Karl Malone wasn't slandered enough. I do however take solace that on the biggest stage of his career he shat his pants twice. He bricked two free throws after Scottie Pippen told him "Mailman don't deliver on Sundays" and of course let MJ strip him on the final series of the Jazz season. I want to bottle that moment so I can sip on it like a fine wine.

There we have it. This was a series that I feel was made for me. I learned some things I didn't know, and I am further cements his GOAT status for me. However it's probably one of the more bias confirming docu-series of the last few years because if you hated Jordan you're gonna still hate him. If you loved him like I do, you're gonna love him more. I think more than anything I'm gonna miss logging on twitter at 9 pm every Sunday and with my internet pals, all joining together to slander Karl Malone.

Fuck that guy. He's the worst.

1 comment:

Future Shock Bullet Club said...

Avid listener here. Keeps me entertained. I cannot wait until you do more wrestling casts. Owen Hart and maybe one on the greatest tag team stable in NXT / all of wrestling...

Bay Bay