Friday, November 30, 2018

November's Sit Your Ass Down Award

It is that time my fives of readers, the time where your boy takes time from being a loving father, an average cook, and an absolute atrocity of a handy man (although I was able to disconnect my toilet, remove it, and successfully re-install it so...*pops collar*) to give you what you didn't even know you needed. My opinion on who should firmly have a seat has arrived and this month's recipient is someone who has, and if we're being honest it's more of his more fervent supporters have annoyed me in recent years. Would the esteemed senator from Vermont Mr. Bernard Sanders get his ass up here so you can get this work!

It's no secret that during his run for president I got more than a little annoyed that every time you said something about Bern-dawg you were immediately met with "Hillary said this" or my personal favorite "But...he marched with King!"
My retort to both was I don't care, I'm asking about this certain instance and he should be able to handle some criticism because spoiler alert, that's how candidates get better. Well after Andrew Gillum and Stacey Abram both lost after widespread cases of voter suppression and wild incompetence causing hour long waits in neighborhoods that were conveniently African American neighborhoods. “You know there are a lot of white folks out there who are not necessarily racist who felt uncomfortable for the first time in their lives about whether or not they wanted to vote for an African-American.”

Uh what? People who choose not to vote for someone based solely on their race is not "particularly racist"? My guy, that is a text book definition of a racist. The only way it would have been more racist is if it said said "I'm racist to a point" and used to use a leg drop.
In the words of Larry Wilmore, "I didn't forget about you."
I would have thought in all his marches with King it may have come up that just because some people may look and act like some people you know it doesn't excuse their racism. It just means some people you know may ALSO be racist. It's literally the easiest damn example of calling out racism and Bernie failed the test!
Is this ya'lls man?
Not all racism is burning crosses my guy, if someone judges a person by the color of their skin and not the content of their character they are...you guessed it, RACIST. You know who said that? Martin Luther King, Jr. 

But of course he knew that, I mean he did march with King after all. 

No comments: