Tuesday, June 12, 2018

NXT Takeover Chicago

Hot damn it's that time again, NXT is taking the show on the road to a place near and dear to the old Puma's heart. As usual NXT is coming to steal the show in such a way it will probably make the main roster look bad by comparison. Without further delay I give you my predictions on the show.

Nikki Cross VS Shayne Bayzler (NXT Women's Championship)
Not a ton of build to this match but it should still be a good one regardless. Bayzler has bullied the entire women's division since taking the title from Ember Moon but given the chaotic character that is Nikki Cross she may have to find another tactic.
I can see Bayzler getting easily frustrated by Cross' unpredictability but in the end I expect Bayzler to win but it will be in a way that extends this feud.
Winner: Bayzler

Ricochet VS Velveteen Dream
This is the match that I am most excited for the entire weekend probably. Ricochet has long been one of my favorites more from his days in New Japan teaming with Taguchi to form Funky Future and Velveteen Dream has been a revelation. Taking a character I thought would flop immediately and giving us on of the top feuds in all of 2017 against Aleister Black. Given that both men once inside the squared circle can go, you are going to see a match that features athleticism and just in ring charisma that no other match will be able to.
I could do that if I wanted to. 
In the end I think Velveteen will get the win as he is probably most in need of a win in a high profile feud.
Winner: Velveteen Dream

Oney Lorcan & Danny Burch VS The Undisputed Era (NXT Tag Team Championship)
This is going to be a great match to catch your breath to. That's not to say it's going to be boring but all the guys in this one are very straight forward and smash you in the mouth basically. I love that Lorcan and Burch are starting to get a little bit of a push and seen as a threat, and the overall dickishness of the Undisputed Era may be my favorite thing in wrestling right now.
What a dick.
I would expect a win by the Era, possible with interference from Bobby Fish who has to be close to returning.
Winner: The Undisputed Era

Tommaso Ciampa VS Johnny Gargano (Chicago Street Fight)
This is probably not going to be the final battle between these two but it probably should be for a while. This feud is starting to grow a touch stale, that said I think it's going to be a very entertaining and brutal match. Tommy Entertainment aka Ciampa is operating on the next level as a heel. And there is no better babyface in peril than Gargano. I expect Ciampa to get the win and tie their series up at one apiece.
Winner: Tommaso Ciampa

Lars Sullivan VS Aleister Black (NXT Championship)
Lars Sullivan has been getting a mega push lately as the next big bad and I don't really see it. I mean he's very good but just not interesting outside of his feud with Killian Dain. As for Black this is gonna be a great test for him going against the larger opponent who has shown he can avoid the Black Mass spinning heel kick.
In the end I would expect Black to work the base on the Freak from the Rocky Mountains and get him to succumb to the Black Mass.
Winner: Aleister Black

Well folks there you have it, just one man's humble opinion on how the night is going to go. As is tradition I'll probably get them all wrong but hey, enjoy that free content yo.  

No comments: