Wednesday, April 21, 2021

Return of Some Random Ass Thoughts

 It's been a while since I picked up the ol' digital pen and pad so I said to self, I says "self...you gotta get off your ass and give these people what they need." And in these trying times I think I know what the people need. The people need some pointless rambling from a man who frankly at this point in a panorama does more rambling than stringing together cogent thoughts. So without further ado....

*I posted this thought on the Facebook and thought, why not share that thought in this space:

"Prince died 5 years ago today. While my earliest memories of the Purple One were of annoyance as my big sister LOVED him and constantly played him or watched Purple Rain, as I got older and smartened up (relatively speaking) I grew to have the proper amount of respect for the man. What always impressed me with Prince was the awe that he left fans and even his fellow performers in. However none of those moments top my man at the Rock and Roll hall of fame completely dominate the guitar then toss that to the heavens where hopefully it awaited him on his arrival. 

Truly badass."


*Anthony Edwards is the player that the NBA needs. He has the obvious skills as he was the top pick in the draft last year, but what really gets me thinking that this guy has IT has been his interview skills. Consistently Edwards is the funniest damn player on the damn planet regardless of sport. 


*Alex Trebek passed away a few months ago and that has been ridiculously sad for a myriad of reasons. Least important of all those reasons is who is going to host Jeopardy. Well out of this sadness, an appreciation for another one of our wholesome icons began to spread like wildfire.

LeVar Burton, best known for being the calm gentleman who read stories to us in our youth has thrown his hat into the ring to host and through the magic of internet mobilization it's happening. I know the past year and a half has been mostly garbage fire but damn it let's celebrate this wholesomeness.

Well that's all I really feel like rambling about for now. Maybe I'll pick the pen up soon and give your eye holes something to do for a few minutes. 

Alright ya'll be easy. Peace.

No comments: