Monday, October 21, 2019

NBA Takes That I feel Are Not Of The Spicy Variety

Hot damn folks we are on the brink of the NBA season and I for one could not be more excited. I am a downright fiend for basketball and despite what Mr."I think the game is more pure in college" says the best basketball in the world is played in the NBA. Period. Having said that it is time for me, a man who once thought Dame Lillard would be a bust to give you, my loyal tens of readers my thoughts on the upcoming NBA season.
"You thought what?!"
Enjoy!

Best Offseason Move:
There were a few here that are some layups such as the Clippers getting Paul George and Kawahi Leonard or the Lakers getting Anthony Davis. I think the best offseason in terms of completely avoiding disaster was the Pelicans getting a complete HAUL for Anthony Davis. 
Not a bad consolation prize.
We've seen numerous times a franchise player asks to be traded and the team is left getting scraps back in return. In this case the Pelicans got Lonzo Ball, an extremely talented and now motivated guard, Josh Hart, a solid guard off the bench, and Brandon Ingram, who could become a multiple timer all star. Add in the fact they got the number one pick and this team is put into position to be a contender sooner rather than later. 

Player That Will Have Me Michael Scott Crying All Season:
Me anytime the Hawks are on tv.
Vince Carter. My favorite player (non Chicago Bulls of course) during my teenage years was Vince Carter. I am a diehard UNC fan and seeing him get drafted did my heart so much good. I was not prepared however for the ways in which he would change the league. Seriously, this guy is the greatest in game dunker of all time.
He obliterated people's career before they even began and shamed entire nations, and in arguably the best Slam Dunk Contest ever it was a race for second place. So seeing that this is his final season has a brother all in his feelings. So Vinsanity, to you I tip my cap I hope you dominate the broadcasting game which I am sure you're headed for.

Rookie to Look Out For:
As a Bulls and a UNC fan, I believe I am contractually obligated to say Coby White. And in this case I actually mean it! White is a deceptively big point guard, who plays at a break neck speed and teaming him up with a freak athlete like Zach LaVine and a big man who can run the floor in Wendell Carter the opportunities for assists will be there.And unlike Kris Dunn he is able to score with great consistency. 

The Team I Am Already Sick Of:
Without a doubt it's the Houston Rockets. My god has a team who has flamed out so spectacularly in recent playoff runs that it's amazing they don't catch more heat. This is a team that has found new ways to lose to the Golden State Warriors, and then complain about it.
"The NBA hates me that's why we missed 27 straight 3's."
They complained about refs missing calls and from an analytical standpoint costing them games ignoring in a close out game they missed 27 straight threes. And then last year they lost to a Warriors team missing Kevin Durant. And on top of that the constant bitching about whether or not James Harden gets MVPs is just enough to make me root against them. Even though they traded away notorious dick puncher Chris Paul for one of my favorites in Russell Westbrook I still can't wish any good luck on this team. Sorry. 

So that's all I have for right now, in terms of predictions I could see a Clippers-Bucks final with Kawahi leading the Clips to a title. Now that I've said that it will be some random ass Finals but damn it that's one of the many reasons I love this league. Alright I'm out here, ya'll be easy. 



No comments: