Monday, July 30, 2018

July's Sit Your Ass Down Award

After a brief sabbatical from telling people who I have very little chance of running into to have a seat, I am back, refreshed and ready to give you, the loyal fives of readers the nonsensical ravings of a loud-mouthed malcontent. So it is without further ado that I present to you the person most worthy of being told to grab a Lazy Boy. Now as is the case with most months there was no shortage of people who could b told to have a damn seat and last week this month's recipient shone through like a bright light. 

Dak Prescott, bring your milquetoast ass up here so you can sit your ass down! 
Prescott drops back to pass! 
You may be thinking "Well Puma, what did Dak do beside not lead the Cowboys to a playoff victory?" 
Is that a poorly thought out take? On my way! 
Well I'll tell ya, after the just damn idiotic statement and rule put out by the Dallas Cowboys that if you play for them you have to be at attention for the national anthem. Prescott, who could have said nothing mind you, decided to take it a step further.

"
For me, I'm all about making a change and making a difference, and I think this whole kneeling and all of that was just about raising awareness and the fact that we're still talking about social injustice years later. I think we've gotten to that point. I think we've proved, we know the social injustice, I'm up for taking the next step, whatever the next step may be, for action and not just kneeling."
Oh Rayne Dakota Prescott, you stupid, goofy man. The hell are you talking about son? I'm just gonna focus on the part that could have easily been solved with a google search. "I'm up for taking the next step, whatever the next step may be, for action and not just kneeling." You're all for action? What the hell have you done?

As for those guys kneeling you can easily see what they have done. Colin Kapernick has given away a million dollars, Chris Long donated his entire 2017 salary, meanwhile Malcom Jenkins has been meeting lawmakers and police organizations in an effort to create dialogue.
I wanna see action he says to the guy speaking TO CONGRESS
You know how I found that out? Google. The only thing Dak has done in that time is managed to get jumped on spring break. 

Feel how you wanna feel about protesting during the anthem but because of his dismissive "I wanna see action," he definitely needs to be the first one to grab a seat, realign his chakras and prepare for the annual sports tradition of the Cowboys being bounced from playoff contention by Christmas. Well that's all I have for right now. 


No comments: